Freezing in the New Year
Be sure to insulate water pipes to prevent freezing. Otherwise, they'll be frozen much like this local fountain.
The new year started off with temperatures staying below freezing, causing pipes to burst all over the Meridian area. Although our crews have been super busy responding to the numerous calls, this is our expertise! Faster to any size disaster, our crews bring the latest equipment and training to help make your water damage “Like it never even happened.”
We understand if not addressed quickly, a burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property. So, it’s very important, if you have a pipe burst, call our office immediately at (601) 693-7300 and speak to Heather or Stacey. They will start off by gathering some information about your situation and then send a team over to start the restoration process.
What to Do if Your Pipe Burst
If you are unfortunate enough to have a burst pipe, follow these steps:
- Turn off your water supply at the main valve. Your main water valve can be located in a variety of places. If you have a home with a basement or crawlspace, it's probably located on an interior wall near the front of the house. In this case, it is most likely hiding in plain sight. If your home was built on a slab, the valve might be located near the hot water heater or inside your garage. It may also be located in an underground cement box near your front curb. If the burst pipe is a hot water line, make sure to also turn off the water valve at the top of your hot water heater.
- Once you have turned off the main water valve, call a plumber. - If your water meter is frozen, contact your local Water Department.
- If your broken pipe has caused water damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO of Meridian to dry it out before more structural damage occurs, that may require tearing out.
What to Expect from Your Water Damage Appointment
Household water inundation from any source indoor plumbing leaks or outdoor flooding is a crisis that demands your immediate attention and the speedy response from a qualified water damage recovery services.
SERVPRO of Meridian has trained recovery crews ready to roll. Once you make the call, a team effort swings into action to restore your house and your life "Like it never even happened." Here's what to expect from an appointment with an experienced water damage specialist:
- You'll get a full explanation of what's needed to restore your home (and why) as well as a firm estimate in writing. The contractor will also commit to a firm timeline for completion. The specialist will explain the benefits of options such as Direct Billing to your insurance company to reduce the amount of paperwork.
- Work can begin immediately on a 24/7/365 basis. Specialists certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) will arrive fully equipped to confront and resolve any water damage issue - and they've seen and handled them all. In most cases, an experienced water damage team can complete the recovery process in as little as three days.
- Cutting-edge technology and advanced techniques will be utilized to achieve recovery results that meet IICRC criteria - the gold standard for water damage recovery services worldwide. Dismantling and removal of household components will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Water damage recovery crews are experienced working inside a residential environment. They are trained to minimize disruption to your household routine and respect your property and privacy.
For an appointment with a trained water damage specialist ready to answer your concerns, contact SERVPRO of Meridian today.
Types of Storm Damage That Can Drastically Affect Your Home
Severe weather can take a toll on your home. It's not unusual for storm damage to affect your home, leading to serious problems in the aftermath of the weather. SERVPRO of Meridian provides 24-hour restoration services for weather-related damage to homes.
When a storm strikes, it's important to be aware of the potential problems that can develop. You can't control the weather, but you can control how you respond in the immediate aftermath. Here are three of the issues that could afflict your home after a storm hits:
- Roof Damage: Roofs are susceptible to damage during any major storm, from heavy winds and torrential rains to snowstorms. Moisture can weaken already vulnerable areas of the roof, and strong winds can knock down loose shingles or cause visible damage to them. You may notice a leak in your attic or ceiling if a storm damages your roof.
- Windows Are Vulnerable: A thoroughly sealed and weather-stripped window is unlikely to suffer severe storm damage, but old windows that haven't been catered to recently could develop problems if it rains. For example, the moisture can seep into openings around the window, causing a leak inside the house. Rain can also cause wood to rot and mold to develop in the window's vicinity. Rugs and carpets in the area could also be susceptible to water damage. Windows in the basement are extremely vulnerable if they aren't protected, which leads to flooded basements and potentially damaged property.
- Gutters Can Become Clogged: Gutters aren't immediately obvious problems because you have to inspect them to see if they've become clogged after the storm. Rain can wash all kinds of debris into them, and once they become congested, they no longer filter water away from your home. The result could be water damage to your property, and the gutters could also suffer damage later since the excess weight of debris can cause them to sag.
Storm damage affects more than just the trees around the house. It can also have an impact on your home's foundation. After a major storm, take a close look at your home and investigate for problematic signs. If you discover anything, call the restoration service team at SERVPRO of Meridian at (601) 693-7300.
Call SERVPRO of Meridian for Storm Damage
Has your home sustained damage from a recent storm? Whether it be water intrusion from heavy rains or damaged or broken windows from strong winds, it's best to leave the cleanup to the professionals, such as those at SERVPRO of Meridian.
Serving both residential and commercial customers in the Meridian and surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Meridian knows the process of cleaning up storm damage can be an intensive process, requiring help from the experts who have the experience in restoring homes to their original condition.
Check out these reasons why you should always hire a professional storm damage restoration company to clean up after disaster strikes:
- To Avoid Mold: If your home has sustained water damage, be it a flood from a broken pipe or a heavy rain storm, mold can grow quickly if the water is not removed completely or in a timely manner. Mold spores can grow in your home's carpet, behind the walls, and even on your personal belongings, so call in the pros to handle the mess.
- To Identify Structural Damage: While you may think the storm damage to your home or business is solely cosmetic, there could be underlying structural damage, which could pose serious problems if not tended to. Storm restoration specialists can help to identify any structural damage that may be lingering behind your walls or in your flooring that could jeopardize the integrity of your home.
- Timely Cleanup: When disaster, such as a large flood strikes, you'll want the mess cleaned up quickly to avoid further damage. SERVPRO of Meridian can respond in a timely manner to start the remediation process and even offers 24-hour emergency services.
If you'd like to learn more about professional storm damage restoration services and how they can help to restore your home after water, fire, and mold damage, contact the experts at SERVPRO of Meridian by calling (601) 693-7300.
Meridian Area Commercial Emergency Restoration
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When flooding or fires happen, they may occur at your office or business. Who do you call? Being prepared is the first step and may score you brownie points with your boss if you know the right company to call in an emergency.
SERVPRO of Meridian is available 24 hours a day to restore your Meridian area commercial property and get you back to business. We have the expertise, equipment, and highly trained personnel to handle your commercial water, fire, or mold damage. We can also access the resources of our national network of 1,650 Franchises to handle large commercial projects and major storm events. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Have Questions? Call Today (601) 693-7300
How to Avoid Bursting Pipes this Winter
Wrap outside faucets to avoid bursting pipes.
SERVPRO of Meridian is here to help in case of a pipe that bursts or lines that freeze. Our crews are ready 24/7!
7 Helpful Tips to Avoid Bursting Pipes this Winter
- Wrap outside faucets.
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run if the temperature dips below freezing.
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving the house for several days
No matter how big or small, SERVPRO of Meridian handles them all!
Give us a call at (601) 693-7300!
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup in the Meridian Surrounding Areas
Although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall, your Meridian area basement can flood at any time. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call and speak to one of our professionals at SERVPRO of Meridian (601) 693-7300
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home's structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home's integrity. It's worth making a call to SERVPRO of Meridian and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are available 24/7
- We're a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We bill the Insurance directly-meaning one less thing for you to worry about
- Our technicians are highly trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration standards
- Advanced inspection and extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call us Today-We're Ready to Help
SERVPRO of Meridian (601) 693-7300
Does Your Meridian Area Home Have A Mold Problem?
Mold can easily grow within 24 to 48 hours!
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.
Mold facts to consider:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property using our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - (601) 693-7300
When Storms or Floods hit Lauderdale County, SERVPRO is ready!
When storms hit Meridian, or the surrounding areas, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster.
SERVPRO of Meridian specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Meridian or the surrounding areas, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 601-693-7300