Medical Office Pack-Out
When a medical office in the city of Meridian was damaged by fire and water SERVPRO of Meridian responded quickly.
Since all the offices were affected by the fire itself, or water from the fire department putting the fire out, a pack-out was the efficient option. A pack-out meant we had to remove the furniture and other contents from the medical office while water removal and fire clean-up was performed at the premises.
Fortunately, we were able to clean and sanitize most of the items affected. A detailed list of unsalvageable contents was sent to the insurance company.
Our technicians carefully cleaned the contents at our warehouse and carefully packed items into storage. As soon as the office structure was ready for occupancy the furniture and office equipment were returned and set up.
Continuing Education Classes
All insurance professionals and property managers mark your calendars for Thursday, March 22, 2018. SERVPRO of Meridian will be hosting two Continuing Education Classes.
Mitigation Awareness and Response Seminar (MARS)
8:30a - 10:30p (2 Credit Hours)
This course is designed to assist insurance agents and adjusters in understanding what to expect from a good restoration professional, by reviewing Industry Standards applicable towards water damage losses, fire and smoke damage losses, and deodorization practices.
1:00p - 3:00p (2 Credit Hours)
This course is designed to assist insurance agents and adjusters in understanding the processes that go into cleaning homes and buildings that are or may be contaminated with viruses and blood borne pathogens, as well as dealing with customers who have recently dealt with a traumatic event that has caused this contamination.
There is no cost to attend, but seating is limited, so please RSVP to Stacey at office@SERVPROofmeridian.com We look forward to seeing you!
Lauderdale and Surrounding Counties Dont Put Away Your Sweaters Just Yet!
That famous groundhog, Phil saw his shadow and apparently, we are getting 6 more weeks of winter!
Have you taken the additional steps to protect your home or business against the predicted additional colder weather?
Step 1) Winterize your A/C and Water Lines
Simply drain the water in any hoses and air conditioner pipes to prevent the cold weather from freezing it and causing the pipe to burst. Also, make sure you do not have additional water collected inside of the equipment. This could damage the equipment and could also start a water damage. Make sure to also turn off exterior water spigots and properly store away any window A/C units to prevent cold drafts from entering.
Step 2) Turn down your water heater
Typically, a water heater is set to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, but most households don’t need that much steam. By lowing the temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit you are not only reducing water heating cost but also preventing excess pressure on the pipes.
Step 3) Using Caulking and Weather-stripping
This can be especially helpful when protecting your windows and doors from weather related water damage which can then lead to mold. Keep close attention to corners and where pipes or wires exit to prevent damage.
Step 4) Insulate your pipes
This can help prevent pipes from bursting and can also be a money saver for paying less for hot water. You can find the needed insulation at most hardware stores in the area. Ideally, you want to choose the insulation with the highest heat-blocking power.
Step 5) Seal your ducts
Get your duct work inspected to ensure that there is no issue and water is not creeping in. This can definitely go undetected for a long time and then you’ll have both water damage and mold on your hands!
In case your house does suffer from a water damage during the winter months, know that SERVPRO of Meridian is open 24/7 and can respond to losses all over Lauderdale, Clarke, Jasper, Newton, Kemper and Noxubee counties.
Freezing in the New Year
Be sure to insulate water pipes to prevent freezing. Otherwise, they'll be frozen much like this local fountain.
The new year started off with temperatures staying below freezing, causing pipes to burst all over the Meridian area. Although our crews have been super busy responding to the numerous calls, this is our expertise! Faster to any size disaster, our crews bring the latest equipment and training to help make your water damage “Like it never even happened.”
We understand if not addressed quickly, a burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property. So, it’s very important, if you have a pipe burst, call our office immediately at (601) 693-7300 and speak to Heather or Stacey. They will start off by gathering some information about your situation and then send a team over to start the restoration process.
What to Do if Your Pipe Burst
If you are unfortunate enough to have a burst pipe, follow these steps:
- Turn off your water supply at the main valve. Your main water valve can be located in a variety of places. If you have a home with a basement or crawlspace, it's probably located on an interior wall near the front of the house. In this case, it is most likely hiding in plain sight. If your home was built on a slab, the valve might be located near the hot water heater or inside your garage. It may also be located in an underground cement box near your front curb. If the burst pipe is a hot water line, make sure to also turn off the water valve at the top of your hot water heater.
- Once you have turned off the main water valve, call a plumber. - If your water meter is frozen, contact your local Water Department.
- If your broken pipe has caused water damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO of Meridian to dry it out before more structural damage occurs, that may require tearing out.
What to Expect from Your Water Damage Appointment
Household water inundation from any source indoor plumbing leaks or outdoor flooding is a crisis that demands your immediate attention and the speedy response from a qualified water damage recovery services.
SERVPRO of Meridian has trained recovery crews ready to roll. Once you make the call, a team effort swings into action to restore your house and your life "Like it never even happened." Here's what to expect from an appointment with an experienced water damage specialist:
- You'll get a full explanation of what's needed to restore your home (and why) as well as a firm estimate in writing. The contractor will also commit to a firm timeline for completion. The specialist will explain the benefits of options such as Direct Billing to your insurance company to reduce the amount of paperwork.
- Work can begin immediately on a 24/7/365 basis. Specialists certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) will arrive fully equipped to confront and resolve any water damage issue - and they've seen and handled them all. In most cases, an experienced water damage team can complete the recovery process in as little as three days.
- Cutting-edge technology and advanced techniques will be utilized to achieve recovery results that meet IICRC criteria - the gold standard for water damage recovery services worldwide. Dismantling and removal of household components will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Water damage recovery crews are experienced working inside a residential environment. They are trained to minimize disruption to your household routine and respect your property and privacy.
For an appointment with a trained water damage specialist ready to answer your concerns, contact SERVPRO of Meridian today.
Types of Storm Damage That Can Drastically Affect Your Home
Severe weather can take a toll on your home. It's not unusual for storm damage to affect your home, leading to serious problems in the aftermath of the weather. SERVPRO of Meridian provides 24-hour restoration services for weather-related damage to homes.
When a storm strikes, it's important to be aware of the potential problems that can develop. You can't control the weather, but you can control how you respond in the immediate aftermath. Here are three of the issues that could afflict your home after a storm hits:
- Roof Damage: Roofs are susceptible to damage during any major storm, from heavy winds and torrential rains to snowstorms. Moisture can weaken already vulnerable areas of the roof, and strong winds can knock down loose shingles or cause visible damage to them. You may notice a leak in your attic or ceiling if a storm damages your roof.
- Windows Are Vulnerable: A thoroughly sealed and weather-stripped window is unlikely to suffer severe storm damage, but old windows that haven't been catered to recently could develop problems if it rains. For example, the moisture can seep into openings around the window, causing a leak inside the house. Rain can also cause wood to rot and mold to develop in the window's vicinity. Rugs and carpets in the area could also be susceptible to water damage. Windows in the basement are extremely vulnerable if they aren't protected, which leads to flooded basements and potentially damaged property.
- Gutters Can Become Clogged: Gutters aren't immediately obvious problems because you have to inspect them to see if they've become clogged after the storm. Rain can wash all kinds of debris into them, and once they become congested, they no longer filter water away from your home. The result could be water damage to your property, and the gutters could also suffer damage later since the excess weight of debris can cause them to sag.
Storm damage affects more than just the trees around the house. It can also have an impact on your home's foundation. After a major storm, take a close look at your home and investigate for problematic signs. If you discover anything, call the restoration service team at SERVPRO of Meridian at (601) 693-7300.
Call SERVPRO of Meridian for Storm Damage
Has your home sustained damage from a recent storm? Whether it be water intrusion from heavy rains or damaged or broken windows from strong winds, it's best to leave the cleanup to the professionals, such as those at SERVPRO of Meridian.
Serving both residential and commercial customers in the Meridian and surrounding areas, SERVPRO of Meridian knows the process of cleaning up storm damage can be an intensive process, requiring help from the experts who have the experience in restoring homes to their original condition.
Check out these reasons why you should always hire a professional storm damage restoration company to clean up after disaster strikes:
- To Avoid Mold: If your home has sustained water damage, be it a flood from a broken pipe or a heavy rain storm, mold can grow quickly if the water is not removed completely or in a timely manner. Mold spores can grow in your home's carpet, behind the walls, and even on your personal belongings, so call in the pros to handle the mess.
- To Identify Structural Damage: While you may think the storm damage to your home or business is solely cosmetic, there could be underlying structural damage, which could pose serious problems if not tended to. Storm restoration specialists can help to identify any structural damage that may be lingering behind your walls or in your flooring that could jeopardize the integrity of your home.
- Timely Cleanup: When disaster, such as a large flood strikes, you'll want the mess cleaned up quickly to avoid further damage. SERVPRO of Meridian can respond in a timely manner to start the remediation process and even offers 24-hour emergency services.
If you'd like to learn more about professional storm damage restoration services and how they can help to restore your home after water, fire, and mold damage, contact the experts at SERVPRO of Meridian by calling (601) 693-7300.
Meridian Area Commercial Emergency Restoration
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When flooding or fires happen, they may occur at your office or business. Who do you call? Being prepared is the first step and may score you brownie points with your boss if you know the right company to call in an emergency.
SERVPRO of Meridian is available 24 hours a day to restore your Meridian area commercial property and get you back to business. We have the expertise, equipment, and highly trained personnel to handle your commercial water, fire, or mold damage. We can also access the resources of our national network of 1,650 Franchises to handle large commercial projects and major storm events. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Have Questions? Call Today (601) 693-7300
How to Avoid Bursting Pipes this Winter
Wrap outside faucets to avoid bursting pipes.
SERVPRO of Meridian is here to help in case of a pipe that bursts or lines that freeze. Our crews are ready 24/7!
7 Helpful Tips to Avoid Bursting Pipes this Winter
- Wrap outside faucets.
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run if the temperature dips below freezing.
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving the house for several days
No matter how big or small, SERVPRO of Meridian handles them all!
Give us a call at (601) 693-7300!