Recent General Posts
Cooking Safety is Important
Be Safe in the Kitchen
One of the most frequent causes of household fire and smoke damage is cooking. Because of this, it is important to practice safe cooking behaviors whenever you are in the kitchen no matter how large or for what purpose the meal you are preparing.
- Protect Children from Scalds and Burns. Young children are at high risk of being burned by hot food and liquids. Keep children away from cooking areas by enforcing a "kid-free zone" of 3 feet around the stove.
- Watch What You’re Cooking. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking. Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or cooking food on the stop top or broiling food.
- Choose the Right Equipment and Use It Properly. Follow manufacturers' instructions when using cooking equipment. Remember to plug microwave ovens and other cooking appliances directly into an outlet. Never use an extension cord for a cooking appliance, as it can overload the circuit and cause a fire. Cook only with equipment designed and intended for cooking, and heat your home only with equipment designed and intended for heating.
- Avoid Using Deep Fat Turkey Fryers. The use of a deep fat turkey fryer can be very dangerous. If you do decide to use one, use it at a safe distance from buildings and other items that can catch fire. Never use a turkey fryer in a garage or on a wooden deck. Watch the fryer carefully, as the oil will continue to heat until it catches fire. To avoid oil spillover, don’t overfill the fryer. Oil-less turkey fryers are available. For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s website.
- Keep Things That Can Catch Fire and Heat Sources Apart. Keep anything that can catch fire - potholders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, towels, or curtains - away from your stovetop. Keep the stovetop, burners, and oven clean. Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves when cooking.
- Prevent Scalds and Burns. To prevent spills due to overturned appliances containing hot food or liquids, use the back burner when possible, and/or turn pot handles away from the stove's edge. Use oven mitts or potholders when moving hot food from ovens, microwave ovens, or stovetops.
Make sure to follow to follow these helpful tips, Whenever there is a problem with smoke damage in your home please give us a call at SERVPRO of Meridian 601-693-7300.
What to do Until SERVPRO of Meridian Arrives
If you have a water damage from a clean source such as water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things to do before SERVPRO of Meridian arrives.
Shut off the source of the water.
Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors
Stacey wasn't too keen on learning all this social media stuff at first. She's got the hang of it now, and the team is ready to hear from you!
Not only is customer care a priority here at SERVPRO of Meridian, but our team truly enjoys interacting with our customers.
We love hearing what our existing, former, and potential customers have to say. And trust us, we have heard it all, from the good, the bad, and the ugly....Thankfully much more of the good!
We strive to make our customer's experience with SERVPRO of Meridian a great one. So, we definitely want to hear about it when we do! Being all over social media has made it so easy.
So get on your phone, or tablet and tell is what you think! Let us know how your experience with us was. Or if you have a question, ask it.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SERVPRO of Meridian is Hiring!
SERVPRO of Meridian is currently hiring Production and Cleaning Technicians.
The requirements for this position:
- Must have a professional appearance and great attitude.
- A valid driver license with a reasonable driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions or misdemeanors involving violence or theft.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Because we provide 24-hour emergency services, must be willing to be on call, as needed.
- Some night and weekend work is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
Please call 601-693-7300 for more information or email your resume to office@SERVPROofmeridian.com
*GREEN SELFIE CONTEST*
Green is THE color and CHEESEBURGER PASTA is the flavor!
Take a selfie with our van and post it on our Facebook page for a chance to win a $25 gift card to Deli on 5th!
GREEN SELFIE CONTEST RULES
1. Contest runs from 9:00am to 4:00pm CST, Thursday June, 30th, 2016
2. Entrants must “Like” the SERVPRO of Meridian Facebook Page
3. All entrants must “Post” their photos on the SERVPRO Facebook Page by 4:00 PM CST on Thursday, June 30th, 2016
4. Pictures posted on Cheeseburger Pasta Day (Wednesdays) will earn double entries.
5. All photos posted to the SERVPRO Facebook page will be property of SERVPRO and may be used in future promotions.
6. Posting of photos by entrants grants permission of use by SERVPRO of Meridian.
7. Winners will be selected at random by the SERVPRO Staff no later than 4:30 PM pm CST Thursday, June 30th, 2016
8. The winner will be announced by 5:00 PM CST on Thursday, June 30th, 2016.
9. The selected winner will receive a $25 gift card to Deli on 5th – the gift card can be picked by the selected winner no later than July 14th, 2016.